If you are searching all over to find the perfect match for your next fitness journey, chances are that you have already heard about cross-fit training at least once. Cross fit training is on the rage now. No matter what is your fitness goal, cross-fit training can be life-changing in your journey.
Terms like cross-fit reps or boxes are common when you are trying to know more about these intensive training routines. But, on the contrary, cross-fit is not just for hardcore exercise enthusiasts, it is for all.
What is cross-fit training?
By definition, cross-fit training is a combination of frequently varied high-intensity functional movement. These functional movements are essentially the way our bodywork in daily life such as sitting, standing, squatting down, lifting things, etc. Ideally, it is said that if you get better with your cross-fit postures and movements, you get better at your daily life activities.
This form of exercise became extremely popular a few years back when box gyms started to show up. There are various kinds of workout features and variations of squats, push-ups, weight-lifting, and others. Cross-fit gets targeted towards improving the general physical strength and preparedness rather than achieving specialized movements.
There is often a preconceived notion that cross-fit workouts are highly intensive and intimidating. It is not for everyone. The truth is cross-fit is for anyone and everyone who wish to achieve and improve their health and work towards their fitness goals.
The benefits of cross-fit training
Let us look into some of the benefits that cross-fit training can reap into your body and health:
- Improve physical strength: Cross-fit training challenges your body regularly. It helps to improve your overall body strength and stamina. Along with that, regular implementation of weights in your routine can help to attain muscle strength and improve your muscle gain throughout. You can also take up a workout of the day session to ensure that you are regularly challenging your body.
- Enhances balance and flexibility: Cross-fit training workout routines get created around the functional movements in daily life. Including this in your fitness training helps to improve your overall flexibility, agility, and balance. It will also help you to perform your daily task more swiftly. It also helps you to stay much more flexible even at old age.
- Aerobic fitness: Cross-fit training is high-intensity power training. These can help you to improve and increase the amount of oxygen you can utilize during an exercise to the maximum level. It can also help to improve your overall aerobic fitness with these functional high-intensity movements.
- Weight-loss and health: Since these workout routines are highly intensive, cross-fit training can help you burn more calories than usual with less amount of time. Along with that, it helps to maintain an overall fit body that is free of any sort of chronic illness for a longer time. If your goal is to attain a healthy lifestyle, include cross-fit training along with a healthy diet.
How to get started with cross-fit?
Out of all the intimidations you face, getting started with cross-fit can become one of the biggest challenges. But here are a few steps that can help you to get started in your cross-fit journey:
- The stereotypes: Before you start with cross-fit, it is important to get rid of all the stereotypical beliefs about cross-fit training.
- The box: Find a cross-fit box near you. A couple of gyms should be ideal to try out and understand their ambiance, training equipment, and the culture in general.
- The assessment: Before you jump into cross-fit, it is important to go through your physical assessment. It will help you to understand that whether or not you are fit for cross-fit training. Without this, you may end yourself up at a huge risk.
- Trial: Once you have finalized the cross-fit box, it is now time to go for a trial and check out for yourself that do you like that space or are willing to go through this cross-fit training workout routine.
- Take it slow: It is easy to get all pumped up and work out extra hard, leading to severe burnouts. It may cause a long-term effect on your body and may hamper the visible results as well. So, don’t be disheartened and take it slow.
How to go about cross-fit training?
It is easy to get caught up in the hype and end up getting hurt in such intensive training routines. Yes, if not handled with care, cross-fit routines can be dangerous. Here are a few things that you need to keep in mind:
- Warm up before you start this training. High-intensity workouts in cross-fit can put major stress over your muscles and bones. So, ensure that it is properly warmed up.
- Pay attention to your body well. Understand when are you challenging your body to the next level and when are you pushing yourself way too hard. Crossing that line can cost you a major injury.
- Ace the basics first. Before you add weights to your training routines, make sure that you have properly mastered the postures and techniques of the workouts. Improper postures can cause severe strain and adding weights to them can cause major damage.
- Take baby steps, one step at a time. It is important to keep track of it and do not rush into the process.
The average cost of cross-fit training ranges somewhere between $75-$225 per month. Depending upon the expertise, experience, fitness goal, and the number of days you perform, the cross-fit training prices may vary.
However, if you are new to this and do not want to head to the gym regularly, you can definitely include cross-fit training at home. Not only is it cheaper but you can easily access the videos anytime from the fitness apps of your program. Having said that, even if you are working out from home, ensure that you do have the proper equipment to go about cross-fit training.
Cross-fit training can be a life-changing routine. It can not only help you to achieve your fitness goals but to maintain an overall healthy lifestyle for a longer period.